Disneyland Hong Kong is celebrating its 5th anniversary in 2011 by price increase. Effective August 1, the Park’s Day Pass will go up to HK$399 which is a 14% increase. I went there just before the price raise.
Though there are lots of fun inside the Park, but you need to be well prepared if you go on a hot summer day. I’ve gathered some tips based on my experience yesterday. Here you go.
Some Tips of Visiting the Disneyland Hong Kong in Hot Summer Days
1. If you go in May, June, July or August, temperature can go up to 32 degrees or 33 degrees with lots of sunshine. It is better to go in late afternoon, say after 3pm. There are several advantages of doing so. The sun will set around 7pm. But soon after 6pm, it will be less hot.
2. The queues are relatively short. You’ll spend less time waiting, hence can play more games or see more shows.
3. Bring lots of water or some snacks if possible. There are restaurants and drinks available in the Park but VERY expensive. Bottle water of 500 ml will cost HK$20 (US$2.56) or a hamburger with chips will cost HK$80 (US$10.25).
4. Make sure to wear sun block and bring with you an umbrella and a hat. A handkerchief or towel will help as you are likely to sweat a lot.
In fact, spending six hours in the Park is quite sufficient. If you go around 3pm, you can view the Parade at 4pm and wrap up your day by seeing the firework at 9pm.
I arrived at noon time and left around 7pm and managed to complete the following 8 games / show plus sightseeing on the Main Street and shopping.
1. Fantasyland Train 幻想世界火車
2. Cinderella Carousel 灰姑娘旋轉木馬
3. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh 小熊維尼歷險之旅
4. Mickey’s PhilharMagic 米奇3D立體電影
5. Mad Hatter Tea Cups 瘋帽子旋轉杯
6. It’s A Small World 小小世界
7. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters 巴斯光年星歷險
8. Festival of the Lion King 獅子王慶典
Some General Information About Disneyland Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 10am – 9pm
Parade: 1pm and 4pm
Transportation: MTR, take Tung Chung Line, change at Sunny Bay, get off at Disney Station.
Official website: Disneyland Hong Kong
Hong Kong Travel Blog - Disneyland Hong Kong