Yesterday was my birthday, I've taken the advantage of going to Ocean Park for free. In fact, I did the same last year. There were something quite different for this year.
Giant Panda - there are two pairs of giant pandas in the Park. I remember I made this comment last year - giant pandas are always sleeping and red pandas are active. But this year is exactly in reverse.
I had never imagined to see a a panda in motion, and especially eating bamboo leaves. Wonderful! Everyone were so excited. On the other side, the red pandas were sleeping. Oh well, I learn a lession from pandas - the world is forever changing!
I would say I saw more penguins here than in Philip Island Australia. I like seeing them swimming, diving or jumping up to the shore. Lovely creatures.
Sea Jelly Spectacular
At the Main Entrance
Couple of Things To Note
- No personal food is allowed. You have to buy from the expensive F&B outlets inside the Park.
- Every point of interest has photo service. They are expensive, minimum charge HK$288, inclusive photo, frame and key chain. You are free to take the photos, but you don't have to buy if you don't like the photo.
- From Wanchai - take bus 90 or 97 (east bound), get off immediately after the tunnel. HK$4.7. A few minutes walk to the Park.
- From Admiralty - take bus 629 to the main entrance. HK$10.9
- From elsewhere - take MTR to Admiralty and change to bus 629
Adult - HK$280
Children (3-11) - HK$140
Hong Kong Travel Blog - Ocean Park