Ocean Park is ranked 7th among the top ten most popular amusement parks in the world, according to forbes.com’s announcement on June 1, 2006. Figures indicate that it outperforms the newer theme park Disneyland.
The Park recorded just over four millions of visitors in 2005. It is one of the world’s biggest marine and educational themed parks.
It is an ideal place for you take your kids for a day of outing. Children can make fun in Hong Kong while learning at the Park.
Best-of-the-Best of the Ocean Park, Hong Kong
Please make sure you don’t miss any of the following:
· Cable Car – be patient, there might be long lines on Sunday and holidays
· Ocean Theatre – it’s always full, go early and look for your favourite seat
· Sea Jelly Spectacular – latest state-of-the-art attraction of the Ocean Park · Giant Panda – no need to go to Sichuan, kids would love to see them
· Red Panda – the newest member of Ocean Park
· Atoll Reef – biggest aquarium in Asia with rare breeds, huge and beautiful fishes
· Shark Aquarium – Asia’s first underwater tunnel gives you an undersea feeling
Transportation: Admiralty MTR Exit B2, change to Citybus 629.
Adult: HK$10.6, Children: HK$5.3
Adult: HK$208, Children (3-11): HK$103, Under 3: Free
Some travel agents might be able to get you better rates.
Daily 10:00 – 18:00 Sunday & public holiday 09:30 - 19:00
Tickets are available at:• Ocean Park main entrance and Tai Shui Wan entrance• MTR Admiralty Exit B nearby Citybus route 629 terminal• MTR Customer Services Centre at Admiralty station
Travel Tips: Ocean Park, Hong Kong
The 629 double-decker bus ride is a fun experience. Take your children to the front of the upper deck to catch all the excitement and feel the pulse of the city of Hong Kong.
Bring lots of water. There are lots of food stalls and restaurants inside the Park, though expensive. Please expect to sweat a lot in the summer heat. Hong Kong can go up to 33 degrees Celsius in June, July and August. Bring a small towel, it would work better than a handkerchief. Of course don’t forget your hat, sun glasses and comfortable walking shoes.
Please spend at least one whole day at the Ocean Park. Otherwise you won’t have enough time to visit all the interesting spots.
My Mini Photo Album - Ocean Park